- Insert a USB flash memory stick to your PC and click on the reset script you want to use.
- Copy "autorun" directly to the USB flash stick.
- Remove the flask stick from the PC by clicking on the "Eject" or safe removal icon for that USB stick
- Plug the USB flash stick into the device you wish to reset.
- For all resets, except Reset Software, please wait about 15 seconds after plugging in the flash stick.
- If resetting or updating the software, please wait about 3 minutes after plugging in the flash stick.
QVENC/QVDEC/QVPro/QVSD Reset Scripts
- Reset Password
- For versions 259 and earlier, the username is "root" and the password is reset to "root".
- For versions 261 and newer, you must log in with the username "admin". The password is set to the bar code on the back of the chassis.
- Reset Network
- This resets network settings to defaults, including telnet, ssh and web ports. You should power cycle after apply this reset.
- Reset Web Access
- This only enables web access. It does not change the web port.
- Reset Web Port
- This sets the web port to default port of 80.
- Reset Software
- To just update the application software, you also need to download and save the qvpro-app-XX.pkg file to your flash stick.
- To completely update all firmware, such as when switching between the production and beta releases, you also need to download and save the qvpro-kernel-XX.pkg and qvpro-rootfs-XX.pkg files to your flash stick.
- Click here to download the QVPRO firmware production release files. (Click here to download the beta release files.)
- WARNING: Resetting all the software will NOT reset the network configuration. If you lost the IP address, then you need to follow the Reset Network instructions (above) or use CodecManager.
- Restore System Settings
- This restores all the system parameters of a model QVENC encoder, QVDEC decoder, QVPro codec, or QVSD codec to the settings that have been preiously backed up using the Backup function found in the Management/Backup menu. The Backup function can be installed by first installing the Sysem Backup package. Once installed, you can create a file containing all the system settings, including IP LAN settings, by clicking on the Management/Backup menu item.
- You must have first updated your application firmware to the latest version to use this feature.
- To restore a system with all the system settings, you must copy the qv_backup.pkg file created by the Backup function onto a USB memory stick, and then also save the Restore System Settings autorun file downloaded from the above link onto that same USB memory stick. Safely remove the memory stick having these two files from your computer and insert it into your QVidium codec. After about 1 to 2 minutes, the QVidium unit will automatically reboot with the new settings.
- Please Note: This feature will not save or restore encoder or decoder profiles or feature licenses.
- Reset Firewall
- Reset All Settings to Factory Defaults
- This resets all settings to the factory defaults and clears out all profiles. It does not affect license keys.
- Reset BootRom Setting for Ethernet Reset Pin
- Halt System
- This provides a clean way to shut down before disconnecting power. Use this if you are connected through an SSH Tunnel for remote web access or when writing to an external filesystem, disk drive, or USB memory.
For QVENC/QVDEC/QVPro/QVSD Version 261 and greater
QVAVC Reset Scripts
QVARQ Proxy Reset Scripts